Saturday, April 9, 2011

you've had a bday shout hurray

hmmm...start studying for my music history final or blog....BLOG!

So I have some more pics for ya. Yesterday was Cody's 25th Birthday!!! Now for approximately 33 days I can call him "old man" and "grandpa". 25...wow, quarter of a century-now, no matter how much people may want to, they have to admit that we are "adults" (whatever that word means). Never mind the fact that we've been adults for well over five years now-shrug.

Ya know, I'm going to be excited for my kids when they are getting older. I'm not going to hold on and continue to see them as little kids-I'm going to celebrate their new found "adulthood" or whatever....cause I think it will be a lot more fun to see them as they really are-getting mature...r, becoming their own person etc. And knowing that I'll be that much closer to having some more time for me when they move out :) Plus let me tell you from experience, kids respond positively to those who take them seriously.

Anywho,so I hope yesterday was fun enough for code-despite that 8-9 hour stint of working all day long on projects-ugh! So in the morning I woke him up with some muffins with candles in them. He said it was kind of alarming to wake up with open flame next to his face but he got over it quick :)



His presents!



He got President Monson's new biography from mom and dad-thanks guys!



He got new racketball goggles that he can't WAIT to try out:



And the big gift-amazon's kindle!:



Along with that he got a 25$ gift card to amazon to buy "books" for it from me and his family in georgia-thanks guys! The other gift from the noldens hasn't gotten here yet but he's excited to extend his bday to today :)

He also got the first season of Lie to Me which we're excited to get our family in texas addicted to once we get down there :) and a deck of uno cards (shrug he really wanted this game :) and the German version of Ticket to Ride. Um....I think that was everything....
After our days working (me at the museum and him at home) I picked him up and we went to Shoga Japanese grill and sushi bar up on state and university pkwy. It was really good and a cool atmosphere and pretty cheap for sushi. Then we came back and opened presents and then we had some friends over for some coldstone mmmmmint choc chip icecream cake. The guys of course played some smash and that was our evening.

It was a good bday but I wish we weren't both so busy so I could have planned more/gone all out, but that's ok.
A good time was had by all.

No comments:

Post a Comment