Sunday, June 13, 2010

Everything is Illuminated

This movie always puts me in a nastolgic mood for my mission. This movie really nails the over-all mentality/personality that is so common over in eastern europe and the funny situations that arise when west meets east. A line that I like from the movie: Everything is illuminated in light of the past. It's our past experiences that give us understanding and that we are always connected with our past-carry it with us whereever we go to some degree. You want to see proof of this-just look at all the psychiatrists and how busy they are 8)

It really is another world over there, but a world that I slowly began to understand-maybe not in a concrete way, but I at least began to feel it/get it. Here are some pictures that I never get tired of looking at that seem to capture the essence of the land/people I met over there:













No comments:

Post a Comment