Saturday, September 18, 2010

so that's what happens when your offense struggles and your defense is non-existant...

What a crazy week and it's STILL not over. I'm all "functioned" out. Wednesday I started my internship at the Springville MOA which is way cool and I love the people I work with. That night they had college night with food and entertainment trying to get the college crowd out. We had around 200 which I think is pretty good and it was a cool atmosphere-seriously a way cool place, esp. with the gardens out back-you should check it out if you haven't before. Anywho, and then Thursday Cody had a marketing club social thing he had to help out at, so I went and got some free pizza and waited for that to wrap up.
Then it was off to the BYU MOA's opening social thing for the new freshman that I had to write about for my curatorial studies class-again, food and entertainment....don't get me wrong, it's great and all but like i said-I'm all functioned out. Oh yeah, and then last night we had our bridal night at BB&B where they give you 20% off of EVERYTHING you buy and since we still had a lot of store credit/gift cards we hit it up for the remaining things we needed-ya know, like a panini maker....yes, that's a need. So we get there and yet again it's a function-free food, raffle etc...shrug, I'm just so over the function-I'm only interested if I happen to be hungry. Though it was sweet to pay 6 cents for 400$ worth of stuff and have gift cards left over :)
Other highlights of the week:
Friday morning I successfully traveled by bus to the museum-it was actually way easy. I've definitely come a long way from freshman year getting lost with andrea on the way to walmart and calling her sister who asked us: where's the mountains? (trying to get a feel for where we were) we responded: all around us, we're in a VALLEY....yeah, I've made a lot of headway with that too-I can now use cardinal directions in my direction giving like a real grown-up. (in our defense R.C. Wiley's does kind of look like walmart from the side and at night.) That's ok though, I've always wanted to wander down University Parkway at night.
ANYWHO, so yes I made it to the museum and all was well. We watched The Great Debators with Denzel Washington-a way good movie-for Cody's class. Tonight we have to watch Babette's Feast for my theology class (I've already seen it but it's a good one).
Notice how I glossed over how we spent our afternoon? yeah...let's not go there. I just feel worse for my parents and older brother who took time out of their lives to drive all the way there from texas and sit in the hot humid stands. ouch.

In other news our apartment is looking really good-all that's left is getting our wedding pics from our photographer and then we can print and put up pictures and it will be complete-i can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment