Tuesday, September 28, 2010

99

What a crazy couple of days. Basically the past four days we were WAY busy. Friday we went up to see Cody's cousin: Amy's fiance go through the temple which was way cool. The rest of the weekend was spent either studying for the test I had today or preparing our talks for Sunday (as in this past sunday). I didn't even have time to go to the game 8( Though....I think it was better that I did not get emotionally invested in the outcome of said game. sheesh....i swear, my last year here and they fall apart like this-I hope basketball won't dissapoint.

So anywho, The test today went ok so we'll see. It's nice to have that particular one not hanging over my head though.
Tonight we were invited to this meet and greet thing for stockamp/huron who is based in Portland. EH...I dunno, Portland sounds cool and all but...I dunno, just never thought of the west coast really. It didn't help that when I introduced myself and said I was from Houston so I could handle the humidity the recruiter guy made some comment about how that would be the last place he wanted to go (all in good fun/joking-I mean, yeah it sucks in the summer) but I love Houston/Texas in general so you're not gonna win points with me by saying that with your lil 2 mil town-psh.

It was cool though-they fed us costa vida and we bowled at fat cats-which i had never gone to before. The second game I got a 99...it was heartbreaking cause I got a strike on the last turn so I got the extra frame and then somehow managed to get a gutterball-I just had to get one pin and I couldn't even do that-argh! I don't know when I last bowled over a hundred (you can see why I don't bowl much).
So yeah, it was fun. Tomorrow we have a sit down dinner and further info session with exxon so we'll see how we feel after that and we're still waiting to hear from USAA which I think is our first pick if we're given the option...

Exciting times-weird to think of a life beyond school and living within walking distance to a lot of things etc. Our lives are going to change so much in the next year it'll be crazy. It's kinda fun though, now that we're looking at certain places I can start looking into the museum scene and what they have to offer there. I'll have to research but I wonder if San Antonio or Portland have more museums than Houston...I'm thinking no, cause I know we have a TON.
but anywho, I also wanna get out and see different parts of the country and have a life of our own-we dont' have to be right where I grew up.

We also got callings-we're sunday school teachers together which will be fun I think. We've both had experience with that sort of calling/not to mention missions that kind of gives you a big crash course in teaching and preparing thoughts so we'll be good to go I think.
Well, I am off to finish an episode of GG from earlier-my reward to myself for being done with that test-sigh, i forgot how much i love it.

2 comments:

  1. are you going to be like Julia Roberts in the Ocean's movies. I hope so.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do too if I get the sweet red dress suit...

    ReplyDelete