Monday, October 11, 2010

oh yeah, I have a blog...

Life is good. It's just good. On the way to school today Cody made a good point: time goes by a lot faster when you're married cause you're happy. I concur with that statement. I mean, sure time flies by when you're single, but there's more count-downs to things like: ....shrug, three weeks til thanksgiving break/xmas break etc. I mean, we countdown to the big stuff, but we're just happy with the every day ins and outs of life and bask in those-which, at least when I was single I LIVED for the weekends. Sure weekends are nice now cause we get even more time together, but it's like every night is a lil weekend when you're married.

Anywho, things that have happened recently: Cody has been invited out to San Antonio to interview with USAA a second time as well as to Houston to interview with Exxon a second time. Both trips all expenses paid and after a few days of each we should learn whether we will get an offer from them. Pretty exciting stuff I think. We like both companies for different reasons so it should be interesting how it shakes out/how cody feels after having gone out there and interacted more with them. I'm totally fine with Texas-like it and living is cheap + really good schools-competitive etc. We shall see...

In other news, we saw Dracula at the springville playhouse. I think my favorite part was when they started with a prayer and gave thanks for wholesome entertainment and that the audience would take away a message from the evening....um...the message I got- dont' wear white when you plan on killing vampires cause they tend to squirt...haha but it was fun-an adventure.
BYU finally won a game! They aren't quite up to their usual par but they looked a LOT better than the past few games-especially the defense and we had GREAT seats-sixth row in the south end zone 8) Afterwards we had some spicy chick-fil-a sandwiches (to die for!) and watched signs (I needed to for a theology in film and lit class). Sunday was nice and relaxing and ended with fun games over at Brian and Amanda's.
Today I started doing this beginning yoga dvd that I got at BB&B. I can't wait to get really good and literate in all the diff poses so I can get a more advanced one that will actually work me out-not just stretch me out, but it was fun. A really good stress reliever.
FYI: if you want to re-fall-in-love with your wedding ring, I found the BEST lighting on campus: the MoA. I don't know about in the actual exhibits but I have two classes in their and they dim the lights just slightly to talk on things and just generally have softer lights in their rooms and nicely painted walls and your ring just SPARKLES. i have to be careful otherwise I get distracted ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment