Monday, October 11, 2010

Diaries of a Sleep Walk/Talker

So I just realized that I have a miriad of amusing anecdotes from Cody's nocturnal habits and I can't remember if I've ever shared them. So, cody is a sleepwalker, though compared to the CRAZY stories I heard from his roommates, it seems that marriage has had a calming influence on his nightly antics.

So the most active he's been was probably when we first got back from the honeymoon. We were staying in our friends' apartment cause we couldn't move in yet. He woke up freaking out thrashing his arms and legs around saying that the boat was sinking. It took me a minute to calm him down and convince him that we weren't on the boat anymore. Another time he woke up saying that we needed to rename the boat and rattled off some long crazy name. Before I realized it I found myself agreeing with him saying, "that's a horrible name for a boat" (if you're not careful you can get sucked into his lil world when you're tired).

Once he got up and went over to our nightstand (our bed is up against a wall and he is near the wall so it's not as easy as it sounds) and started shaking and moving it around. I woke up and said: Cody, stop it-go back to bed, in an exasperated tone and I'll never forget his face-it looked so sad and cowed and he slumped off to bed, haha.

A few nights ago I discovered that if I stay up and watch an episode of GG in bed while he falls asleep he will most likely wake up or start talking in his sleep and will respond to my questions. Once we woke up saying something weird and I said, "what?" and he said: "I prefer a larger selection when it comes to my weapon choice" (yeah, it was hard not laughing loud but I didn't want to wake him). There were other random things he said but now I can't remember them.
Never a dull moment.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! You better be careful when he's reviewing his weapon choices! Hah!

    ReplyDelete