Tuesday, April 27, 2010

ARGH! The Scholarship committee/department can kiss my tush I'm serious....

My favorite part was when they said- according to your record you did not meet the requirements for a scholarship. That is a load!!! and I'll tell you why- last semester I had a 3.9 GPA a 3.9!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that is WAY better than before when I had a 3.5-3.8 and yet still managed to keep a half tuition scholarship. This is such bull- don't say my records disqualified me, it was your insufficient funds. I swear...BYU has shafted me ever since I left for a mission-I have done better than before the mission academically and have yet to get a scholarship since coming back-there's some positive reinforcement to serve a mission.
argh, so angry....whatever. I hate not getting something that I really deserve...I read somewhere that you could only get 8 semesters worth of scholarships and I can't remember if I got one freshman year or not...if I did than that means I got 6 semesters worth before the mish, and after the mish when i reapplied for scholarships they offered me half tuition scholarship for spring/summer which was useless to me since i wasn't going to school-they better not have counted that making it 8 semesters that i received "help" cause that last scholarship shouldn't have counted since i didn't use it.
oh well
meh.

2 comments:

  1. Whit, it's cause they use your cumulative GPA to give scholarships, not the last semester GPA, it's kinda mean, because they punish you for doing bad one semester, but that's how it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...but i never did bad any semester-if anything that last semester only brought my over all GPA even higher than it's ever been. I just don't get it...

    ReplyDelete