Sunday, April 18, 2010

yeah...it was kinda like that...



Friday. First day of finals. It started out good. I had my final for humanities of the spanish baroque in the morning where we discussed a more polished summary of our papers and he spoke favorably of mine and its complexity-yes!

Then, after being wheeled and dealed by a greasy salesman (don't ask), I returned to campus to prepare and study for my final that evening and the next day. I had a film final where we were meeting in the varsity theare to watch and write about a movie-cake. So I'm waiting, and sit near the varsity theatre and see that there are people in there-probably the test before ours-i know they always use that big room during finals week for tests. So I'm waiting waiting...and then suddenly I felt I should look at my schedule. I do. This is where the above picture comes in. The final for film was from 3-6 and it's 5:40!!!! The movie is already shown, and the people are almost done writing their papers and there's nothing I can do. I got the times of my other evening final on tuesday mixed up with this one (the other was 5:45-7:45).
Yeah,the End all- Mother of all sinking feelings takes place. I run to the library and email my TA explaining how retarded I am and even though I understand if there's nothing to be done but still trying for a hail mary-some act of mercy. According to the syllabus I'd fail if I missed the final-yeah...not good. Especially since this was the one final that was easy-the ones i was worried about weren't until Saturday. So I sort of flipped out...ask Cody-he's my witness. I was wiggin'.
I managed to study that evening for the finals the next day figuring I had to do good on some finals. I got home and there was an email from my TA who I'm considering naming my first girl after, that gave me a make up assignment after talking with the professor and decided to show mercy since I was a good student all semester. Phew.
So thanks to that I saw how to train your dragon last night.
SO GOOD!!!!
Man, i'd see it again-so funny, looked GREAT, and a great soundtrack-lots of nordic/celtic sounding music, way cool.
All I have left is an Isaiah final Tuesday at evening at 5:45-7:45 (believe me I've checked a bunch!)
3 days til we go home to Houston for a visit-I can't wait!!!

3 comments:

  1. If I remember right ...isn't that a picture depicting someone trapped behind the Berlin wall? Seems like we saw a series of paintings like it in East Berlin. Sorry your day was so stressful. I'm glad that Cody was there to help you through it. A big thank you to all of the merciful TA's out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i don't know about that but it's an expressionistic piece by Munch who was german...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a bummer, you missed out. Mr. Dungbeatle was way good.

    ReplyDelete