Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ode to Code...I made a rhyme 8)


That's right, 24 years ago today Cody A. Nolden graced the world with his presence. I can't tell you exactly what time he was born but I can tell you that it changed my life-I just didn't know it yet.
The first encounter I had with cody was around Heleman Halls fall of 2004 at BYU. We weren't in the same ward or anything but he sort of knew my best friend Heather and would join our group to hang out sometimes whether it was eating in the cannon center or going to the dollar theatre. To be perfectly honest I didn't remember him very well from freshman year, but vaguely. Also, randomly enough, he was in the same ward as my cousin Jason and randomly enough they both got called to Korea and saw each other over there once-that's just the start of small world experiences that brought us together.

So in spring of 2007 he gets back from his mission and I leave on mine Aug 2007. So I'm getting ready to come back to school in fall '09 and arrange to live with my cousin andrea who, ironically, had been my roommate freshman year when I first met Cody. At this point Andrea was engaged to Nate Louder who's roommate was: yes, Cody Nolden. He heard from Andrea that I was coming back, remembered me, and set up a big group date between our apartments and the rest is history.

I guess we were just a long time coming. I'm so grateful that he remembered me and called me- on Nate's phone cause he didn't have my number (another great story ;)
He has done nothing but make me laugh and feel good about myself from the first date on.
His talents include, but are not limited to: technologically savy (he'll try to deny this but don't listen)-programming, knowing all sorts of gadgets, and fixing basic problems that the technologically retarded like me can't, He is an amazing monopoly player-basically kicks my butt every time, and I think that's cause he has an incredible analytical mind for business and can just sense a good deal and if there isn't one-he'll make one, extremely selfless-seriously, i know he would be willing to help me in ANYWAY, all i have to do is ask, a GREAT Racquetball player-i respect anyone who can play my dad and not whince or end up in the fetal position in the corner (it's too loud for me), He is SO smart! not only is he naturally intelligent-having straight A's while in the midst of an accelerated bachelor/masters program-but what I love more is his continual desire to learn about new things and broaden his horizons, he is able to put up with me and my crazy antics on a regular basis-i know, it's quite the talent.

So here's to you Cody Nolden (i feel like that announcer guy on the beer commercials-ya know the one's i mean?) thank you for making the last 161 days AMAZING!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!


mafia date


Love you Code!

5 comments:

  1. o whitney! soooo well done and cute! o ya, and happy birthday from me too cody! freshman year...that was the bomb.com.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so I just randomly pop in sometimes to see what's going on and I don't really know what's going on... So are you two engaged? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Whitney! I'm a friend of the Nolden clan. Enjoyed reading this post and learning more about you and Cody. So many twists and turns to bring you together!! I'm so happy for both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jodi!
    I just met Wayne and he told us the story how you two met and got engaged-absolutely magical! I'm only sorry I couldn't meet you too-according to Cody you're even cooler! haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, and Annie-no we're not engaged....yet....8)

    ReplyDelete