Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Amazing 24!

What a great birthday!

It started out pretty low key. I got some errands done, watched some Gilmore Girls, and did my hair. Sadly my package from mom didn't get here in time but that's ok-it'll just be a lil extension of my bday tomorrow I guess 8)
Then Cody got home from work and we went to eat at Zuppa's (yes it's a chick place but it's still good food + i knew we would be going to the manliest of manly restaurants-tacanos tomorrow with nate and drea so I thought this would be a good balance.
It was good as usual and after we drove up to Rock Canyon Park where he gave me a card that was good for one free nice picture frame for our future home which I thought was nice yet random and especially when it specifically said: a picture frame, a really big one, like 24x36 or something.....yeah, interesting detail. So I thanked him and then he said: now, what should we put in the frame? Maybe we could put whatever is in the car.
By this point I was kinda lost i won't lie but we went back to the car and in the trunk was a tube. We took it back to the bench and I opened and unrolled it wondering if it could actually be what I was beginning to think it was. Believe it or not it was one of my favorite paintings of all time and by far favorite painting in the MoA on campus:
Fallen Monarchs by William Bliss Baker


That's right, Cody hired an artist in Salt Lake City to recreate this painting and it looks awesome! I can't wait to get it mounted in a nice frame. I'm just so blown away...I mean I'd sit forever just looking at this painting in the MoA thinkin of how cool it would be to own something like that and now I do. I can't wait to put it up in our home, to continue to collect and learn about art throughout my life and make my home a place of culture where my kids can be exposed to different styles and ways of expressing yourself-it's just really cool. Anywho, I was completely blown away and still can't believe it. Here's a pic of ours but it has a protective plastic sheet over the canvas until we get it mounted so you can't tell as well from the pic, but it looks great!


After that we came back to our apartment and were greeted by my best friends- f6 and r22 that were in the area, natasha malinina and her husband jordan (my trainer from the mish), and nate and drea. We had some cake and ice cream (i blew out the candles in one breath thank you very much) and then played some werewolves. I also got an itunes gift card,a chinese finger trap, a jumpy frog, a kazoo, and my favorite- the parachute man.
It was a great day and I'm so grateful for loving friends and a fiance who loves and supports me in my interests and passions!
more pics to come on a later date
thanks everyone!!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm sorry about the delay in your birthday package but I'm sure you'll agree ...it was worth the wait! It sounds like you had an awesome day. Wow! Cody is amazing. I can't believe he came up with such a thoughtful present. He's definitely a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yup, pretty much and somehow i don't feel like he'll ever stop impressing me 8)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, sounds like such an amazing day! i'm sad i missed it! well, you deserve it whit :) happy 24th sis!

    ReplyDelete