Friday, November 5, 2010

Texas it is...

So a couple of weeks ago Code went to San Antonio and Houston to interview with USAA and Exxon. This week we heard back from both of them-Exxon contacted him pretty quickly afterwards-said that they would contact him by Nov 12th and they contacted him on the 2nd. USAA contacted him yesterday and.....



BOTH want him!!!!! Both gave really good offers though the difference in the salaries are pretty substantial-though that will happen whenever you pit a company up against what Exxon does. So we still haven't 100% for sure decided but we're definitely leanin'. It's crazy to think I'll be back in Texas-I don't mind it though, I love Texas. Good schools, cheap living, lots of major metropolitan areas a few hours away either way, nice suburbs, and....big things? The only thing I will miss is 4 seasons- I like snow...maybe not as much as we get here in Utah, but a lil so that I can wear cute winter clothes....when everyone looks cute and modest (NOT the case 8 months out of the year in texas-I could tell you some horror stories believe you me).
Anywho, we're both really excited and feeling VERY greatful for these great opportunities and know that we are luckier than most :)



more to come on which city we choose ;)

3 comments:

  1. That is so awesome! We are very proud of you Cody(and Whitney) :>

    ReplyDelete
  2. You just wanted to be close to me and Andrea!! Moving to Texas is the cool trend right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Your map looks like a pin cushion. Hits coming in from every where. I'm guessing people are checking in hoping to find news of the big reveal. A.K.A.. where will Cody and Whitney end up ...San Antonio or Houston! Should I tell 'em? Nah ...I'll let you do the honors!

    ReplyDelete