Saturday, February 12, 2011

curious and curiouser

So this is attempt two after last night blogger ate my amazing post.

So yesterday I had two tests to take-lame I know- so I was cramming all day and when I was starting to get ready to go and gather my things I went into the bedroom and noticed a huge brown stain on the sheets-high up near the headboard, and not just a stain-it was clumped on there whatever it was. So without thinking I smelled it: "it's chocolate! it's chocolate!" (any IT fans out there?) So yeah...there was a huge melted mound of chocolate on our sheets. Now, I know what you're thinking-you must have been eating sweets in bed or something...wrong!

I've been on this new health kick where I'm trying to break my addiction to sweets so all throughout the weekdays I can't have any kind of chocolate/candy/dessert/etc. The closest I've come to breaking my goal when I'm dying for some chocolate is those puffed rice snack things that come in certain flavors. Anywho, Then on the weekends if I've been good I can have dessert for date night on Friday nights and game nights on Sunday etc. It's been going great so you can imagine how surprised I was to find chocolate smeared on my side of the bed.

So I clean it up the best I can but it still left a stain. When Cody noticed and I told him about it he was just as surprised and confused as I was. I mean, I'm not a sleep walker, I'm a sleep talker, but not a walker....I couldn't have gotten up in the middle of the night and cheated in my sleep could I??? Sure Cody sleep walks, but it was on my side of the bed-it just didn't make any sense....

So last night as we were getting ready for bed I was saying my prayers and I asked that I might understand the origin of the chocolate-shrug, it was bugging me and I feel like I can receive inspiration about anything. So I get done with my prayer go to plug in my cell. We have a power strip cause we have so many things to plug in-cells, lamp, and internet router. So I grab one wire and see if it's my cell charger-nope but as I pull my hand away I notice I have a bit of chocolate on my fingers....Cody was right there and we instantly started investigating, and it was the chord to the internet router. As I picked it up and turned it over there on the back was a little more chocolate melted on the back of it....so weird! I feel all over the floor (we keep it on the floor under our bed) and came up with nothing, it wasn't even sticky under there.

So we clean it off and then I remembered....earlier that day while I was studying the internet died and I went in to unplug and plug the router back in and sat it on our bed hoping it would magically work better out in the open. As it turns out I had just accidentaly switched off the internet switch on my laptop and nothing was wrong with the router. But that would explain how chocolate got onto our sheets right there if there was melted chocolate underneath the router-it does get pretty warm.
But now I have to figure out how chocolate got on the floor underneath our bed cause I honestly can't even remember when we've ever ate chocolate in bed....
isn't that crazy?? But all I gotta say is God answers prayers, it's just funny sometimes how fast he answers them.

In other mysterious news, also the other night Cody's phone-which is plugged in and sitting on our keyboard across the room from our bed, called aunt sandy in Georgia at five in the morning....yeah still wondering about that one cause Cody said he was in the shower at that time getting ready for work, and I dont get up for anything-luckily with the time difference it wasn't so bad on her end but still...sorry Sandy! haha

So much has happened in the past few days that is blog worthy so I will have to do highlights:

-I got great grades on all of my tests yesterday-whoohoo!

-We went to Carrabbas last night for dinner and got dessert called the sueno or something-so chocolatey and so good!

-also, president samuelson and his wife were a table over from us :)

-We went to BYU Ballet's rendition of Cinderella Friday night as well-so good! all the lil girls were dressed up in disney princess dresses, so cute!

-We beat Utah today! I could blog forever about how frustrating their dragging every posession out was, how their coach WOULD NOT GET OFF THE COURT, and how their cheerleaders showed 0 class (which I expect from their fans, but as official representatives of the school-you're going to scream your heads off just as our guys are shooting free throws when you're down on the floor right in their faces???? and it wasn't a lil scream they were screaming like they scream in horror films.)

and that's all :)

oh and a quick funny story-last night as I was trying to write this post, Cody was sleep talking a lot but one time he was talking for awhile and it was all jibberish-didn't make any sense, so I said very sweetly: babe you're not speaking english to which apparently his subconscious took offense and next thing I know he's speaking intelligibly-he was reading my blog post (i had my laptop in bed) and then said: "that doesn't make any sense." and then started mumbling something about how if I call him out he's going to call me out. I tried to silently laugh so I wouldn't wake him up. I think it's so cute when he gets defensive in his sleep :) Two seconds later I coughed and he opened his eyes smiled and said: "I love you."
shrug

2 comments:

  1. i've had so many blog posts that have been eaten before after typing them all up. that make me craaazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know! especially when it's really late and you are staying up to finish it :(

    ReplyDelete