Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Where's Sam Gerard when you need him?

So Heidi came over after volunteering at the hospital just down the road and was late getting home because they had a lock down for thirty minutes when this happened:

Here's the official story:
"PROVO — A fugitive from North Carolina escaped Wednesday from the Utah Valley Regional Medical Center after being picked up by Springville police.

As officers arrested Wade Leon Willis, 31, on a U.S. Marshals Service warrant, he "began to act as if he were having some type of seizure," police said. He was taken to UVRMC emergency room, where doctors started to perform tests.

At some point, Willis was allowed to go into a restroom. There, he removed ceiling tiles and accessed a catwalk system to escape from the hospital, police said.

He is 5 feet 9 inches tall and 140 pounds, with hazel eyes with very short brown hair.

Willis was armed when arrested and had been listed "armed and dangerous" by federal authorities, police said.

Anyone with information should call local law enforcement."

Isn't that crazy?! All I know is if it were me-I would say you have a choice of a bedpan or a catheter-you choose. But I wouldn't let him be alone for a second-I mean come on! the sick prisoner routine is cliche for a reason!
click here to see a pic of the guy:
deseret article

I hope he's in for a cold night and won't bother anyone or give any trouble. And don't worry mom-our doors are locked :)

bonus points to whoever can guess the reference in my title without googling it-you're on your honor now...

4 comments:

  1. Ahem, The Fugitive and US Marshall, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. did you feel that? that was me respecting you even more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was a little late to the party but yes ...ditto to Council Bluffs answer. Nope, didn't even have to think about it for more than a second. I love Gerard in that funky chicken outfit! By the way we saw him (Council Bluffs not Sam Gerard) or someone very much like him celebrating on the floor of the Marriott Center after the BYU win over San Diego.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, yes that was me screaming "Jimmer's #1 at the top of my lungs"

    ReplyDelete