Monday, August 31, 2009

dust settling...

whew....I think I'm back at college cause my over all stress level is slightly higher and my back is tight and sore already from my backpack.
All and all the past few days have gone pretty smoothly. i'm moved in to what seems like a GREAT apartment with 5 fun girls and a ward that is very social and open to everyone. I've paid tuition (first time without a scholarship-ouch), bought half of my books (2 of which i had already bought and sold back accidentally-argh) and am TOTALLY gonna check out bigwords.com which apparently gets you way cheap books.

I have to say it is sooo weird being here with a car-it totally changes your perception of the city. For example instead of thinking I need to turn down the road with the cracked sidewalk, i now need to think: I need to turn down freedom blvd or whatever. just a lil diff.

I'm excited for my classes to start-esp my humanities classes 8) I'm only a little nervous that I'll have forgotten everything for my continuing music classes (fingers crossed on that one). I've already seen Austin from the MTC days-it's so weird! and I'm sure it'll only get more surreal as I meet more mission buddies.

surreal...yea, that pretty much sums life up for now.

o yea! and as it turns out the trouble was with my hard drive so i get my computer back today or tomorrow and will be back online more regularly which = 8)

1 comment: