Wednesday, February 10, 2010

"I'm thinkin'......I'm thinkin'....."

What is it about high places that makes one stop, sit back, and think? I mean...if you're hiking up to some look-out point you don't get there and stand for a minute and think-cool-and move on. You sit down and just look out over everything but you instantly start thinking and become introspective and muse...why is that? is it because we are removed from our usual/regular view or perceptions of the world and so we also feel like we can think about things in a fresh new way too or see problems etc. in new ways? I mean...prophets in the bible would always go up into a mountain to commune with God and I don't think it's a coincidence, there's something to be said for it.
I dunno...but I like it and I think that everyone should have a place where they can go (ok, fine i guess you don't have to have a physical place to go if you're cool enough to do it on your own mentally) but still, it's nice to have a place where you can go that is almost like a little time out from the hussle and bussle of the world, a place where you can just think and have a breather. Maybe it's just the introvert in me coming out (apparently we recharge by being alone) but I still think it's important to introduce new views and perspectives into our lives that force us to see things from a different angle than normal-it's healthy.
so....um....
go find yourself a think-mountain.
8)
p.s. I just noticed on my map that someone from rostov was checking my blog but I don't know who you are! leave a comment and say hi!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Sadly, in Texas you have a long way to go before you can find a hill ...let alone a mountain! I miss my Utah mountains.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a line I give in the play I'm in is appropriate.
    Spider:(proudly) Ah, I can see you better from up here, sir. I can see your world much better than you can down there even though I'm only a few feet higher.

    ReplyDelete