Monday, July 19, 2010

better be prepared to be surprised

I love this closing monologue from dan in real life (he is a columnist):

"Dear Readers, for most of you this is my first column in your paper. In the future, I will be answering your questions, but today I want to break from my usual format and talk to you about the subject of plans. Not so much my plan for this column, more like life plans. How we all make them. And how we hope that our kids make good, smart, safe plans of their own. But if we're really honest with ourselves, most of the time our plans don't work out as we'd hoped. So instead of asking our young people, "What are your plans? What do you plan to do with your life?" maybe we should tell them this:

Plan to be surprised."

Also, youtube sondre lechre (or however you spell it) and the song: be surprised-I love this one!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment