Saturday, July 24, 2010

You know you're in Monticello when....

I have just had a great mini trip with code down to see his grandparents in Monticello and man was it fun!
It was so refreshing to go to a town with quite the different pace. A place where everyone waves and smiles. A Place where people driving in opposite directions stop to chat even though there are cars waiting behind each and they don't honk!
You know you're in Monticello when you look up at the mountain and see a horse's head.
You know you're in Monticello when you drive up to chat with the local law enforcement and no one is wearing seatbelts in the car...in fact...they make fun of you if you wear them, but don't worry you rarely go over 30 anyway.
You know you're in Monticello when you don't lock your car and you keep the windows rolled down too.
You know you're in Monticello when everyone knows everyone and they can tell you exactly where the two gay men live, or as they refer to them as: the broke-back mountains.
You know you're in Monticello when you see 20 deer or so in an hour and you're apologized to for not seeing enough deer.
You know you're in Monticello when you go to the pioneer day parade which is an AMAZING parade with some homemade floats, horses, tractors, police cars, and firetrucks (who spray the kids in the audience with their hoses), and free candy, balloons, and popsycles are given out like it's no tomorrow.

It was a great trip spent with some GREAT people 8) Grandpa and Grandma Slade are a hoot and a holler and are always good for a laugh. We played zion's check more which is quickly starting to grow on me (i won twice in a row ;)

In other news, we got back around 6ish. I think it was a combination of things but I wasn't feeling too great. (prolly a combo of: fatigue, dehydration, and all the junk we ate all the way there and back-my system was hard up for some real healthy food.) I took a lil nap and then we got some dinner-i got a salad and proceeded to scarf it once I wasn't feeling so queezy and then we watched fried green tomatoes. It was the first time I ever saw it, but it was sooo good! There was a sad part though so that, plus my being tired, plus me not feeling 100%, plus me newly being on birth control...well...I finally had my first irrational cry. Granted it wasn't bawling or anything, but it was really weird...I mean, normally if I'm crying I at least know why whether I want to admit it or not, but this was just a billion little things that aligned just right. Cody was great about it of course-as always he's my loving rock-solid and compassionate. I'm not too worried though-I mean, if it starts happening a lot then maybe I'll switch to something else, but I really just think it was cause I was so tired from the trip AND that it's so flippin' HOT in this apartment-sheesh... I hope I can sleep tonight-it's hard for me to sleep when it's hot.
I'll post the few pictures sometime that I got of the landscape on the way to Monticello before my camera died (i know-what a bummer!)

5 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better sweetie. Nothing worse than "Fried Green tomatoes" and ...birth control! Hah! Glad you had a great trip. Don't talk to me about hot though. Just be glad you're not here right now. Our upstairs air conditioner died a couple days ago and let's just say your bedroom is now at 90 plus degrees!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea...let's fix that before we come down in september mkay?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes, they are putting in a brand new one on Wednesday. The cost is well ...quite shocking but worth every penny to be cool again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so what I get from this post is, I'm definitely not in Monticello.

    B- are those the shoes you are wearing for your wedding day? Please tell me they are.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that would be a big affirmative 8)

    ReplyDelete