Wednesday, August 4, 2010

elder richards I hardly knew thee...

So it finally happened! the last of the Richards' clan to serve a mission, steve, entered the mtc today. He came intown Monday and stayed with our Richards' grandparents and then I woke up at the crack of dawn Tues morning and went up to Salt Lake to meet them for a session in the SLC temple. It was cool to be there and to hear grandma's different stories and to do some sealings for the dead which was especially cool to listen to the words etc. hopefully it will help me be able to pay attention/appreciate it all the more on my wedding day since it wont' be the first time I've heard it. Then after that we went over to murray to see our grandpa adams and mandy the crazy dog who sounds like a pig. Then it was on to buy some last minute supplies for steve. MAN did I get a headache from this day! We went out to a chinese buffet for dinner with code and then played some games with eric,heidi, nate, and andrea and got some frozen yogurt at spoon-it-up. It was a way fun night, but yeah-I just wasn't feeling very good.
After a good night's sleep I woke up feeling way better and after eating lunch at brick oven and a lot of nervous waiting around I took Steve to the mtc around one. I got a pic of him standing by his bags on the curb as seen below and watched him walk off with some elders to go learn the lay of the land. I won't lie, watching him walking away in the rear view mirror made my eyes misty for 2.5 seconds but I blame it on the dosage of hormones I'm taking every day.
I really am excited for him though-it'll be a great experience for him and I can't wait to hear about his different wacky adventures up in Washington.

All the Best Elder!



p.s. the old man directing us in said-wow, what a tall elder you've got..must be an older brother? ...no...(i didn't bother to tell him i'm 5 years older)
"oh, well he must not have let you get to the food, and that's why he's so big"

No comments:

Post a Comment