Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Last weekend...

So some things we've been up to lately: I interviewed my Grandpa Adams for a genealogy class and am now in the process of transcribing said interview:



Here's one of all three of us (yes I realize this is a HORRIBLE angle of me but it's the only one that Cody is in and he matters more to me than a bad angle-now that's love!


And of course a trip to Grandpa's wouldn't be complete without the dog:



In other news, we went to the Hogle Zoo this past weekend. It was pretty cold but we still managed to have fun. Of course being at the zoo I couldn't help but remember the last time I was there as a surprise bday activity:



(i was bored so Gavin played rock paper scissors with me while I waited to be able to take off the blind fold.
and this weekend:


It was fun but kind of depressing-I don't recall cement being part of any animals' natural habitat but they had a ton of monkies:










Then it just started getting depressing as we watched these monkies try to escape and pretty much climed themselves into a corner once they hit the glass.





There was also a tiger that was kind of freaky. He would pace back and forth and then all the sudden he hunched down and his eyes were lazored in on this kid that was running around oblivious-just following his every move. It was really freaky and really made you respect these animals-they are not tame by any means. That tiger wanted a kid sandwhich bad and it's amazing how little a fence can make you feel safe.
I learned that animals who are oblivious can be just as annoying as people who are oblivious to all around them:









i wouldn't leave you in suspense on whether or not the poor lil guy got out from under this oblivious tortoise:

1 comment: