Thursday, March 17, 2011

not so fast george banks.....or er...whitney nolden

So you know the scene in father of the bride when he is dialoging to the camera and he's talking about how everything was going good in life and he thought he had it made but then it was like: "not so fast george banks" and something happened that kind of swept the rug from right under him? yeah....

So I am on the eve of turning in my last paper of BYU history-my last paper!!! Now don't get me wrong, I enjoy writing papers for the most part and have really developed my ability to write a good paper-heck I got A's on both of my capstone papers which were hefty papers and as all humanities papers go-dealt with a lot of deep subjects/philosophy etc. Being a humanities major I have written many papers-i would venture to say that only english majors write more than we do-but who knows maybe we're neck and neck. So I printed out my paper after having made adjustments/edited it etc. I was so proud and excited to turn it in-felt so on top of things and then......not so fast whitney nolden.......

So for some reason I started thumbing through my rough draft that we turned in for peer review. I noticed that my reviewer had written on my actual paper plus on the attached review sheet. So I'm looking through her comments-all of them complementary and then at the end she writes that 6 is the minimum source requirement. I have 5 sources.....CRAP. Now, I have two sources on one painting/artist that I have, 2 sources that provide cultural/historical context, and only 1 source for the other painter/artist I have-because it is SOOOO stinking hard to find sources on the painting I chose! I seriously searched for weeks, even the library staff were trying to help me but couldn't find anything. They even gave me the number of a staff member that could help me-I wrote an email and never got a response. Eventually I gave up on finding that second source cause I was so convinced that the source requirement was 5.

I wrote my TA to see what she'll say-ugh. I just want to be done!!!! luckily I think I'll work from home tomorrow rather than going into the museum since Jessica is gone and they have no computers plus what I'm doing can be done anywhere with internet connection. I just hope I won't have to be at the library trying to find some vague yet applicable source to throw in there somewhere. sigh. I'm right at my page limit too.
drats.

oh yeah....happy st. patrick's day!!! let's hope the luck of the irish will be on my side.

1 comment: