Thursday, January 22, 2009

decisions...phoo!

I have a dilema....I know I know, I made it a week back before having one of these-it's a record!
so the dilema....well....it's not full blown yet cause there's still some unknowns but basically I may have to choose between two really good job offers. Frankly, this is unheard of for me-normally I will stoop to any low to get a job and take what ever I can finally get, but after minimal effort on my part I have two possibilities: a local music store (as in instruments, sheet music etc, with the possibility of using my russian once a month for regular russian customers,) and the other working for a member in my ward as a secretary full time (the other would be full time too)
I've always wanted to have that classy/secretary type job, just sitting, answering the phone, etc....but the music store has a way cool atmosphere and it's stuff that I like-would be interesting to me....argh....
o well, guess i'll have to wait to hear the offers before I dwell too much.
The transition is going...the only thing that I REALLY miss (other than the teaching/testifying part) is just hearing russian all around me and just getting to listen to it and understand/feel good about that, and improve my listening comprehension with little to no effort on my part.
Sorry but you all will have to learn some key russian phrases cause I will always use them and I don't want to have to reexplain every time so:
ahem,
1. "moe-shnuh" means is it allowed/can I
2. "neel-zyah" means prohibited/not allowed
3. "vob-shay" means in general/generally
4. "law-dnuh" means ok/whatever
5. "clas-nuh" means cool/classic
6. "kroo-tuh" means cool
7. "da-vie" means come on/ let's go/just do it
8. "vote" means behold, look, ya see, etc
That'll do for now-I want you practicin' studyin' so when we chat I can use these words and you won't have any questions 8)
by the way sara-invite me to view your blog or whatever, i can't read it yet....
I'll put up pics eventually-man my computer is so slow now, all loaded down with thousands of pictures sheesh.
pakah pakah (bye )

3 comments:

  1. Hey whit! hmm, that's a hard decision. You may really enjoy speaking Russian to someone who understands, but desk jobs are nice. hmmm... Good luck with that. Let's discuss it more this weekend :)

    I'll need your email address to send you an invite to the blog. I know I probably have it somewhere, but I don't remember where..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say go with the music store! But compare what they pay first . . . But the music store sounds like such an awesome dream come true!

    ReplyDelete