Saturday, January 24, 2009

serious hops

The highlights of today would be the cougar win against SDSU at the marriott-whoot whoot!
funniest quote during the game: I said: "dang, he's got serious hops" and my dad laughed and said:"wow whit, you've got the lingo down" (hate to break it to ya dad, but I didn't learn that phrase from sports, but just living in houston, haha).
What else....accompanied dad on errand run which was quite amusing watching him haul around shingles for the roof and huffing and puffing like crazy when it looked so light.
I took a walk down memory lane and babysat a friend's kid-he was so cute! I forgot how much fun babysitting was.
So tomorrow is the day-the day I give my homecoming talk and get to see sara and justin! abviously the second part of that excites me more than the first 8)
I talked to Heather yesterday which was fun. Ben had given her advice that she was not allowed to ask the question: how was the mission? Advice that I was very appreciative for-don't get me wrong, the sentiment is nice but what a terrible question. It's kinda like when you ask people how it's going and they say good without thinking/not sincere, because to really get into how the mission was takes time and lots of stories to cover the good and bad and when people ask this question they're not waiting around for a long answer. It's just one of those things that's really hard to explain and it was such a deep and life-altering experience it annoys me to just answer: good, great, i loved it-just doesn't do it justice and i feel fake.
so anywho, plus....everyone asks this question so the repitition doesn't help it either.
But tomorrow will be good cause I can talk about the mission and different miracles and insights that I learned through my experiences etc.
Mom and steve are speaking too so it'll be a richards' special

No comments:

Post a Comment