Monday, February 2, 2009

jacked by a hobo with a sock full of nickels

The title actually has nothing to do with my entry-just a hilarious quote from my brother eric when we played balderdash and had to make up movie synopsis. Anywho...
I had a great day. Man what a boring sentence, sorry...I take it back....
ahem, take 2.
It's amazing what a difference structure makes in your life. It's ironic because all the time we talk about how we don't like it-putting your nose to the grind stone etc, and just wanna relax, sleep, do nothing but really it's amazing how fast that gets old and we grow restless-we were never wired to be stagnant-we thrive on progression.
Today was my first day at work-I work as an assistant for a member who has a business that is just in transition from moving from his home to a leased office and one other guy coming in to work for him too. The best I can explain it is that he is a transitional annalyst with dental practices-so he helps dentists sell/buy their practices and through their database of dentists all over the world, writes ads, and gets the right people together to buy/sell etc and does all the paperwork of the process. He's actually a lawyer and has me doing things like changing contracts, merge letters, email, writing ads and posting them on different networks where dentists frequent etc-and when i say he has me do it-i'm just typing whatever he tells me (pretty nice).
um...what else....I liked it-started picking it up, where to go, etc. and his lil girls are soooo cute-they'll prolly use me to babysit sometime for some extra money 8)
Plus it's way close to where we live and for my lunch hour I just go park at church or some other quiet/scenic spot and read/listen to music, just nice and chill.
Tonight we ate at some asian restaraunt and it was good, but i also ate at sonic for lunch since i didn't know what the deal would be for lunch breaks and i'm just quickly ODing on fast food-indigestion is not fun.
As we drove to the restaraunt I was listening to my ipod and thinking about how much less I listen to music after the mish-I still love it and it will prolly pick up a lil bit but I dont' think I'll return to how I was before the mish-if I wasn't talking to someone or doing anything specifically I had earphones in. I just realized the worth of silence every now and then-moderation in all things right? But I was thinking about why people in general liked music and sure each has their own reasoning but...in general I'd say I like it cause it changes the way I see what's going on around me/what i'm experiencing; it's like it makes life special and sentimental like it really is-it's just that we are in it (life) so long we take it for granted/ stop seeing it for what it really is because it's all we know/remember, but if we remembered everything before it we would realize how cool/amazing it is and what it means.
anyway...
i got a present from mom today but i wont' say what cause...it's a guilty pleasure...and i'm embarassed by it but i'll enjoy it all the same 8)

1 comment:

  1. i'm glad you got a job! that's awesome!! I agree with you on the structure thing. I am starting to like it more and more.

    That's awesome that you went to Pappsito's. That is Justin's favorite TexMex restaurant, so we go there every once in a while!

    Love ya, Whit!

    ReplyDelete