Thursday, January 28, 2010

one year older and wiser too...

Today was a good day. It's ridiculous how fast this week is going by and the end of it is just going to go by faster cause it's even more full than the first half with girls night out tomorrow night with marla and kassidy, racquetball with dad friday night, and the utah game saturday night.
I got an A on my sightsinging pace test which made me happy. It was funny, I was talking to the teacher-a masters student and she was asking about my major (humanities/music) and if they still offered it anymore- they don't and i explained that I'd already be done but I went on a mission etc. She asked about that etc. and when I got back and I told her a year ago (so weird!) and finally she asked me how old I was. I told her and she was all: whoa, you're older than me. This was weird to me too cause she just seems older-maybe cause she's my teacher and she looks older and is getting her masters already and is engaged (tho i know that is no indication of age in provo), but yea...a full year younger than me...weird. You know sometimes I'm tempted to feel like I havn't accomplished much with my life yet when I look at people like her- young, already doing masters, and soon to be married-and consequently going off to moscow for some music conference thing, but the feeling doesn't stay around too long. I'd never trade my life with anyone else's in a million years. Though it may seem small or imperceptible to others I have accomplished a lot so far and I'd never take back my mission to be further ahead in school etc. I wouldn't be me if I hadn't gone and the perspectives on life, experiences, and growth that I gained from my mission are priceless-I coudln't have gotten them another way.
anywho...just musings. I'm happy I'm me.

No comments:

Post a Comment