Saturday, January 2, 2010

20 hours in counting...

Leave it to me to have a REALLY productive last day of break. I bought most of my books online-I know i'm way behind with this concept but up until now i always got em' from the bookstore but MAN it's so much cheaper online-totally worth the wait. I can get by for a few days without my books. Then I applied for next year's scholarships-this past semester was prolly my best as far as grades go so hopefully I'll get my scholarship back (fingers crossed). Then it was off to the mall to get my hair done. The hair salon is always an interesting place. I sit waiting for my dye lady and listen to interesting and thought provoking conversations such as: "Ooo girl you have to try such-and-such drink- it's cranberry juice,vodka, and whatever else and man you will just dance all night long!"
snoooooooooore........
and then there's the pressure of talking a lot with your stylist-but generally they want conversations as seen above-not my cup of tea...er...vodka....so it generally goes like this:
so are you studying or working? (they're actually wondering if i've graduated high school yet)
um...i'm just home for the break-headin back tomorrow.
Oh, great-where are you studying?
BYU-have you heard of it?
no.
um...it's up in Utah.
how do you like it?
here's where i make some sort of witty joke about freezing/getting used to winter there. etc.


and there you have it.

off to finish a game of rook!

No comments:

Post a Comment