Wednesday, May 27, 2009

On the next episode of Ace of Cakes

This is why I have to moderate and control what I watch on tv and or movies. This right here-exhibit A if you will...sigh, so embarassing....
So at work today I happened to view a few episodes of Ace of Cakes while I was waiting to go to my first meeting (was no big deal but it makes me sound responsible right?. I don't know if you've seen this show but it's really cool to watch them create these masterpieces that are edible-tho i highly doubt how good they are, but that's not why you're buying them, you're buying them to look good.
So anyway, I get the bug. Ya know, the I have way too much time on my hands and i'm feeling creative kind of bug.
So I decide that it would be really cool when we have a mission reunion which isn't that far away when all the elders....which will soon be just guys....(weird) will get back. I get this idea that it would be awesome to have a big cake that is like a map of our mission with all the cities etc-it would just be way cool. So naturally i'm thinking....well...might as well practice right? I mean you don't to have a disaster on the actual cake that would be for the reunion- (haha as if I would be the one making it). So I decide to practice since we have an extra cake mix in the pantry.
It would have been better if: 1.the cake were two or three times bigger, 2.i had tiny lil icing writing things-mine were so big that you couldn't really control what you were doing until it was too late, and finally 3. i knew what i was doing and was actually talented at decorating cakes. All fixable right?
I included a reference so you know what it actually is supposed to look like.

I ate my birth town- krasnodar and gave dad the volga along with volgograd and mom just had some vague south east part down by georgia.
mmmm russia is tasty....though this cake was unlike most cakes that i had in russia- it was moist and had tasty icing.

sheesh...do you see why i have to be careful what i watch-i have to emmulate it. Can you imagine the carnage if I watched 24 long enough???

2 comments:

  1. Who would have thought Russia would be so delicious? Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should try and make it 3D next time. Looks good, I want some cake right now

    ReplyDelete