Thursday, May 14, 2009

Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains...

yup, you guessed it-i'm in the good ol' O-K-L-A-H-O-M-A. Me and my mom made the 8 1/2 hour trip yesterday and it was so great! I forgot how beautiful the trip was-rolling hills, lots of trees, just really green. The east part of Oklahoma is gorgeous-as apposed to the flat parts in the west part. I forgot how much I loved Oklahoma. There's just this simplicity/innocence here which maybe i'm making up cause this is where I spent my younger years but really...it's just...less complicated than the big city and all of that. shrug, i wouldn't mind raising a family in the midwest-it really is the best play to grow up.
anywho...i'm excited cause tomorrow we're gonna go see Bartlesville where I really did grow up and see our old house and the middle school where I went for one year before we moved to houson. I haven't been back to see this stuff since we left so it's pretty fun for me.
The grandkids are soooo adorable! they just crack me up and i'm glad we could be here to give jess some adult company while mike is off working in kansas. I'm hoping we can all go to the zoo together. (how do you like my random thought patterns) and There was a pretty decent storm last night and another one coming friday night! That was my wish- to have a tornado happen while we're here. Obviously nothing too serious, but it would be fun for old times' sake to go in the safe room and hear the siren 8)

P.S. I can't believe I'm 23. I think in my mind I'm still 21-everything after I left on the mission doesn't seem quite real including the past two birthdays.

1 comment:

  1. I just sent you an email concerning my bad friendiness of missing your birthday :-/

    "There's just this simplicity/innocence here which maybe i'm making up cause this is where I spent my younger years but really...it's just...less complicated than the big city and all of that. shrug, i wouldn't mind raising a family in the midwest-it really is the best play to grow up." -- I AGREE I AGREE I AGREE!!!

    ReplyDelete