Wednesday, June 24, 2009

2009 Best Sellers

this will be a random and spiradic blog entry so don't expect any building climaxes or over-all themes cause you're not gettin any.

First thought: I have started reading the Lord of the Rings again (and no, I have not read this a hundred times like I'm sure many of you are thinking-only once before the films came out and once after so this makes it my third.) I like to reread books-in fact I remember someone saying that if you really loved literature you would not use: "i've already read it" as an excuse not to. anywho, i just like waiting long enough so that it's like i'm reading it for the first time again cause i don't remember a whole lot. As I was randomly fanning through the pages of this monster something caught my eye and I turned back to page 580 only to find a Alf Garnet face smiling back up at me. (it's a long story) but I'm totally leaving it in there cause I know in another 5-10 years when I read it again it will make me smile and think back to those crazy prank-ridden days of R22 and F6. i'll take a picture of it if I ever happen to remember while reading it.

second thought: i heard a song by carolina liar on the radio that I really liked (lyrics below):

Wait, I'm wrong
Should have done better than this
Please, I'll be strong
I'm finding it hard to resist
So show me what I'm looking for

CHORUS
Save me, I'm lost
Oh lord, I've been waiting for you
I'll pay any cost
Save me from being confused
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for…oh lord

Don't let go
I've wanted this far too long
Mistakes become regrets
I've learned to love abuse
Please show me what I'm looking for

CHORUS
Save me, I'm lost
Oh lord, I've been waiting for you
I'll pay any cost
Save me from being confused
Show me what I'm looking for
Show me what I'm looking for…

i just like the part when just he and the choir come in at the chorus-cool stuff.

Third random thought: i've been wanting some new reading material and looked at the best sellers list and judging by the synopsis picked out the ones that I thought had potential. If any of you have read any of these or have any suggestions please leave comments!
1. horse Soldiers
2. the shack
3. my sister's keeper
4. city of thieves (actually about an area in my mission)
5. the alchemist
6. the last lecture
7. ender's game (i've heard about this from multiple people for years and apparently the guy is a member and also wrote plays etc-even on his mission. info thanks to the random lady at the primary activity who was holding a big fat book written by him).
any suggestions?

Fourth random thought: so my older brother was in maryland to give input on something. I say something not because it isn't important, but because we don't know and in fact i don't even think he knew when they asked him to-such is the life of an intelligence soldier. The guy in taken was in the intelligence business...so if Eric ever has any girls they will be well protected but it could back fire and no guys will be brave enough to ask them out....I mean you think my dad is intimidating??? just wait til you see those quaking knees as eric casually plays with his gun.
That would be the most frusterating thing having a husband who did "government stuff" and you never knew where or what etc....not that I need to know but it would just be hard to be as supportive/know how to comfort/give advice etc. cause he couldn't talk to you about it. I mean, we only think it's cool cause we can follow them around in the movies and see what they do etc. So I guess what i'm saying is, if i end up with a super secret agent of the government I'll just have to do that stuff too so I can be in his lil world of secrecy. Which, I think I could totally do because A. I know russian (apparenlty this would be helpful...) B. I do NOT look the type and therefore could infiltrate and get inside...stuff.
see? it'd work.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Walkin' in the streets: Alf Garnet!
    Always in my head: Alf Garnet!
    Red and rosey cheeks: Alf Garnet!
    Dooby Dooby doo...

    ReplyDelete
  3. What the junk? I fixed a spelling error. Does the whole world have to know that I made a mistake? I'm filled with shame.

    ReplyDelete