Wednesday, June 10, 2009

life is beautiful

ok so I was sitting here thinking about how i'm using my time before I head back to school and all of the crazy busy times that I'm sure are waiting for me. I realized that this could be an amazing summer-it just takes a lil effort on my part. I can't just hang with the group that comes up with fun outings to do and tag along because...I am the group.

So i started looking up stuff do to around Houston-especially like the museums etc. Like for example there's an exhibit at the Houston Museum of Natural Science of the Terracota warriors all the way from china-that's crazy! I remember learning about them in humanities of asia, it's too cool. also, I've never been to the observatory that's an hour out-huge telescops where you can see saturn's rings, the milky way, etc. I've also started looking at the 2009 best sellers list. I've always loved reading and it wouldn't be strange to find me in my room reading on any given afternoon growing up. i've just read everything that I own and haven't put forth the effort in keeping up with what's new and good out there. I mean, there is soooo many great books and I know I'll never read them all but sheesh, why not try? If I don't I know when I'm insanely busy with x ammount of kids and I look back at this wide open free summer I'll be kicking myself for not having read etc when I had the chance.

So I have a growing list of books that seem interesting-especially My sister's Keeper which is coming out soon in theatres. I've already saw the trailer and remember it looked REALLY good (google it now) and randomly enough I remembered a song I heard during the trailer that I really liked and found it. For your listening pleasure it's on my playlist-last song: life is beautiful. I really like this group-they sound really familiar to me, shrug.
so anyway...
I also want to buy the huge bubba book of 501 russian verbs or whatever it is and start brushing up.
I only wish Steve were here through the summer so we could do some of this stuff all together, but it's ok it'll still be a great summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment