Saturday, June 6, 2009

C.H.U.D. -cheetuh hunting under-dwellers

This has been a great couple of days. Grandpa Richards and Colleen came to visit on Wednesday for Steve's graduation on Friday. I mixed it up the past few days at work scanning and shredding documents at work which I actually enjoyed. I don't know what that says about me-shredding things....but I guess I like to feel like I'm getting rid of the unnecessary and cleaning out/de-cluttering etc. It's very cleansing...which brings me to something that wasn't very cleansing-steve's graduation. Heck, I didn't even want to go to my own-why would i want to go to steve's? I have to give them credit tho-500+ students in lil over an hour isn't bad. tho the perk this time being i didn't have to dress up and i was able to finish angels and demons-an ok book but after the movie it was boring to read cause it was all fresh in my mind/ nothing new.
So after the graduation that night after playing some games people scatter going to bed etc and throughout the games dad kept leaving to talk on the phone which used to be normal when he was bishop but now as nursery teacher it doesn't quite add up. Then later Steve came into my room and asked: do you know if anything is going on? cause dad left and i heard mom saying on the phone she'd keep me up and then mom came into my room and tried to have some deep conversation with me...
hahahaha i laughed so hard. So the surprise that they were trying too hard to hide was our oldest brother, eric, came down for the weekend from fort cambell which is cool cause we haven't seen him in awhile.
Today Tim (our cousin) and his wife Lisa and their three kids came over to play at the local pool and then we all went over to ALlison's (our other cousin) house for dinner. There was a bunch of us there like a mini family reunion. I especially liked it because with a few acceptions it was all the family that i know the best.

After dinner they pulled out this huge blow up watter slide/wading pool. If they'd only filled it up more I would have totally gone down it. Then we came back and played balderdash: thus my title.
Crazy to think that none of us are in "school" any more.

I recommend David Hopkins the "Spelling Song" i would put it on my playlist but they don't have it.
"you make me sad."

No comments:

Post a Comment