Friday, June 19, 2009

"my baby's all grown up and savin' china"

crazy, crazy stuff. Dad and Steve flew out early this morning for Utah. It's amazing how quiet a house can get. Yesterday we went out and ate at Lopez's and it was really good mexican food! Some of the highlights of the evening include: me absent- mindedly dipping my chip into Steve's sprite instead of the salsa and Steve's reciting of an incident when someone called him a couple years ago and said hey it''s your cousin-whoever, and Steve (not knowing mom's side and thinking to himself i think i have a cousin named such and such) began talking with them etc. They asked him where his mom was and he answered she's in utah. Utah?? why is she in Utah? uh...well her mother passed away...WHAT?! What's your name again?! Stephen. Stephen who?! Stephen Richards. Oh....I think I have the wrong number. click. hahahaha See? if we had a super close tight knit extended family we would miss out on fun experiences like that.
Afterwards me and Steve caught a flick: terminator salvation. Ya know, at first I was weary of it just because I've never been a terminator fan etc, but I was pleasantly surprised. Of course it looked AMAZING and still I was surprised to find that there was no random and pointless love scene, there wasn't gore cause well...they're robots, and it was just really entertaining with a few nods back to the original with lines like: come with me if you want to live and i'll be back-though you hardly caught them because without the famous accent they aren't even the same lines.
Anywho, I really liked it and a big plus when we were buying the tickets it was only 13 dollars.......how is that even possible?! At first I just figured-o they gave us the student rate but steve said that that is 9 dollars. I'm not questioning it but it was pretty sweet.
It's weird to think of Steve has out of the house now. I mean, my whole life Steve was always at the house-when I'd come home for breaks etc. it's like he was a part of the picture i made of "home" in my head but now he's not here anymore so it feels really weird and almost less like home. I mean, it feels the most like home when all the kids are under the same roof so by those standards it hasn't felt quite like home to me in a very long time. Growing up is interesting.

1 comment: