Saturday, June 20, 2009

"yah doch boga!" (i am a daughter of God)

some girls kept saying this really loud to everyone after my class-haha

I helped out at a stake primary activity today. It was pretty cute/fun. They had three different missionaries who served in mandarin speaking and spanish speaking
(and of course russian) speaking missions. Ironically I was the only one that served outside of the states. We each had a room to set up and talked about our mission/cultures/experiences/and how the kids could do missionary work etc.
It was pretty fun but sooo tiring. The first group was just a handful of kids with no adults so they were pretty vocal with pertinant questions like: do you know i have a dog? and I saw a movie last night!
The first one dragged by and i rushed out of nerves and so i spent the last seven minutes teaching them russian-haha.
The rest of the groups went a lot better though-the kids actually answered the quesitons and got into all the stuff i had to show them-some of them weren't half bad at the russian either. It was fun for me cause i got back into my missionary wardrobe and wore my winter coat and boots etc-it was so hot tho, thank goodness for the AC.
Then at the very end we bore our testimonies in our mission language infront of all the kids. It was well put together and a cute idea I think. I think they had relay races with packing a suitcase in another room too.
My voice got so tired though, trying to speak loud enough for everyone to hear etc. and doing it over and over again.
I'm really greaful when I get to share about my mission though and get that chance to look back and remember the interesting differences. I had a picture of the Russian winnie the pooh and all th kids were all so shocked when i told them who it was- "why does he look so weird??" hahaha where were they when the russians were giving me a hard time about our winnie the pooh? haha I still remember we were eating after FHE at a member's and she had a BUNCH of friends over and they were making fun of our winnie the pooh and how no bear is that color/looks like that etc. and how did he look like that and I said cause he ate so much honey. well, they found this hilarious and laughed so hard-i thought it was good rationalization on my part but i'll give it to them-their's is really funny.

No comments:

Post a Comment