Sunday, September 6, 2009

agreeable adventures

Talk about your active weekends-and active in a good way. First of all made it successfully to salt lake without any hiccups-kudos to me. I almost went to lagoon which was exciting-haha, jk jk. Got to hear some real chinese and eat ashtray veggies and orange rind 8)
Peaked in the windows of a haunted mansion, almost scaled the walls of the temple. Got scared by a balloon in the shape of number 5, learned that I need to brush up on my fence hopping skills, and that there is a bug somewhere that sounds EXACTLY like footprints in the grass coming towards you which i've affectionately named the (creepy)stalker bug, and most importantly i learned that just because there is an insanely long gummi snake it does NOT mean that it will taste good and that grass can infact be pretty green even if it's over on the utes' side.

Of course major props go to the cougars for our victory over OU last night. i'm not sure if my dad will ever forgive me for missing most of it but that's the kind of love i have for Marlee 8) we ate at guru's which was good but it didn't really agree with me and was more expensive than i normally go but, eh, it was ok and then we watched the dark crystal over at Chris' (wow, what a trip-i forgot how crazy it was). Today has been good but i seem to have gotten a lil cold and my roomie has introduced me to peppermint oil and it's AMAZING!

later sports fans...

3 comments:

  1. Sweet rapture ...does this mean that your computer is fixed and you have it back??? Quick, quick start using Coldeze lozenges to nip that cold in the bud! If they'll work for me they'll work for anyone. It sounds like you had quite a weekend. Can't wait to hear what adventures you'll have on Labor Day! The game was soooo freaking awesome! I can't even begin to describe it. The new stadium was massive and the 15,000 plus BYU fans were swallowed up in a sea of red. the attendance totalled over 75,000. They had even sold out of the standing room only seats. One of the more interesting posters we saw being held up in the middle of our "blue" section was: "Mormon by birth, Sooner by choice!" As in ...Oklahoma Sooner's. Wonder if they had a change of heart when the game ended? It was sad that the OK quarter back was injured on the second to last play of the first half but right after the tackle a guy right behind us yelled, "Now that's what we call Cougar "D"!!! I couldn't help but bust out laughing. After the game it was fun to high five dozens of BYU fans as we headed out of the stadium. On the other hand once we were outside I'd never seen so many sad, shocked, downcast faces in my life but I have to give them credit. When ever an OK fan saw our BYU apparell they congratulated us on a great game. Not to worry Whit ...we also taped the game so you can redeem yourself by watching it when you come home for Christmas break! We're already discussing the pros and cons of driving to New Orleans for the Tulane game ...hmmmm???? Should we or shouldn't we? If only it wasn't a 9 hour drive!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gurus never agrees with me either...sorry I picked it. I've decided that I'm going to start encouraging people to choose fast food restaurants...they really aren't all that bad, and they're generally cheaper. I think the next date I go on...I'm going to insist we go to arby's. It's just a lot less pressure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. creepy stalker bug eh?! i think i actually know what you're referring to!

    ReplyDelete