Sunday, September 27, 2009

oh so cold

oh so cold. I'm tired of being cold. The church was cold. I got up to bare my testimony the stage was FREEZING. The sunday school class/RS room was cold. and our apartment is cold. I'm sitting on our AMAZING recliner with a blanket waiting for my laptop to warm up and then warm me up.

Sadly I can't remember any of my dreams last night or if there was a celeb or not-i totally jinxed it anyway by pointing it out. I think my subconscious is just missing the regular volume of movies that I watch. This month I've watched maybe one or two and so my subconscious is like fine! I'll just watch some movies now but sadly can't remember the movies in detail and feels the need to include me in them-shrug. How cool would that be to go to sleep and your mind can play a movie back to you? Of course I wouldn't want it every night cause let's face it-no movies can be as crazy and random as some of my dreams and it's fun to see what I'm thinking when I'm not conscious.
Speaking of crazy dreams, so in my humanities class (which more often than not feels like a science class cause my teacher likes to go off on random tangents about electrons and quantum physics...don't ask) so in this class we learned about Jung (psychoanalyst) and apparently he had this mid-life identity crisis thing and throughout it sort of kept this journal/diary where he wrote down all of these thoughts/experiences/dreams etc and apparently they are really intense and some disturbing but interesting and they've finally published it for anyone to read. It's called "New Book" in latin. Anyways, some say no one should read it and others say that everyone should. I dunno....it seems interesting to me. There's an article on it from the New York Times called: The Holy Grail of the Unconscious. Just to sum it up the first paragraphas the article:

"This is a story about a nearly 100 year-old book, bound in red leather, which has spent the last quarter century secreted away in a bank vault in Switzerland. The book is big and heavy and its spine is etched with gold letters that say "Liber Novus," which is Latin for New Book. Its pages are made from thick cream-colored parchment and filled with paintings of otherworldly creatures and handwritten dialogues with gods and devils. If you didn't know the book's vintage, you might confuse it for a lost medieval tome.
And yet between the book's heavy covers, a very modern story unfolds. It goes as follows: Man skids into midlife and loses his soul. Man goes looking for soul. After a lot of instructive ahrdship and adventure-taking place entirely in his head-he finds it again."

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like it's time to pull out that fantastic scarf that looks so amazing! Do it! But carry a pen and some paper---guys are gonna ask for your number!

    ReplyDelete