Tuesday, November 17, 2009

79!!!!!

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oh so frustrated, and yet relieved. sigh....So I took my russian challenge exam today and it feels good to have it over but not that good (see the title). Luckily, this means that I got A's for 4 of the 5 russian classes but the 5th one I got a 79 in. Ok, so I did the math and it won't really affect my GPA THAT much (thankfully since the more credit hours you get the less impact individual grades have on your GPA) but STILL. A 79! I don't get 79's in classes- on a hard test/or fluke paper maybe (but not really) but not in a class, not as a final grade. Even though I know it won't REALLY affect my GPA all that much and I'll have my language requirements for my major etc, it still just erks me that somewhere on my transcript will be those two little numbers mocking me: 79 amid all the As and Bs. sigh.....o well. It's so ironic cause I said if I just get an 80 or higher i'll be ok with that. Come on! a 79?! sigh.....fine. The reading part was way easy, just the grammar part was tricky-even tho i actually felt like it wasn't that bad, but apparently it was harder than i thought. O well...at least i didn't fail-not bad for being home for almost a year without any practice/studying up not to mention not really investing myself in the grammar while out in the field-that grade is pure immersion in the language baby.
sigh.
This one is gonna sting for awhile....oh 79 how you mock me.
8[

2 comments:

  1. Hey kiddo ...you are way too hard on yourself. It reminds me of the time you got what 1 or 2 B's in high school instead of your usual A's and you were totally freaking out!!! You got the credit and that's the important part. We are proud of you. Job well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah! I got an 'A' once. Grrr. BYU messes everything up. Nothing is consistent here. No, but seriously... After coming with an Associates and a 3.98 GPA from DSC, BYU rocked my world. If a 79 is unusually low for you here you're unusually brilliant-like in nature. I second that salute to you in saying job well done.

    ReplyDelete