Sunday, November 8, 2009

steel magnolias

I highly recommend this movie. It's one of the classics that me and mom would always watch together. It has everything- it will make you laugh it'll make you cry and you feel so good by the end of it...or at least i do 8)

Some nice quotables:

Clairee: I've just been to the dedication of the new children's park.
Truvy: Yeah, how did that go?
Clairee: Janice Van Meter got hit with a baseball. It was fabulous.
Truvy: Was she hurt?
Clairee: I doubt it. She got hit in the head.

Truvy: Honey, time marches on and eventually you realize it is marchin' across your face.

Ouiser Boudreaux: I am just about at the end of my rope with you.
Drum: Well, then why don't you tie a noose and slip it 'round your head?

Truvy: There's so much static electricity in this room, I pick up everything but boys and money.

Clairee Belcher: Well, you know what they say: if you don't have anything nice to say about anybody, come sit by me!
Truvy: I'm just screamin' at my husband; I can do that any time!

Ouiser Boudreaux: You are evil, and you must be destroyed.
Clairee Belcher: Mother Nature's taking care of that faster than you could.

Ouiser Boudreaux: He is a boil on the butt of humanity!

good stuff good stuff...I hate it when I feel like watching a movie and I swear I have it but I don't really-just grew up with it and forgot to get my own copy. It'll take a lil while but I have to build up my library-especially the classics that I'll always go back to-so nastolgic (sp?)

I'll always remember laying with mom on the couch watching our movies like: steel magnolias, how to make an american quilt,little women, the horse whisperer, what else would we watch...hmm can't remember now, but all the girly ones for sure.

4 comments:

  1. I'm almost positive I gave you that movie when you got home from your mission!

    My all time favorite quote from Drum ...to Weasa: "I'm going to have to kill you. Boy's ...get me my gun!" Course you have to imagine all these quotes being said with a heavy Southern accent. Good times, good times! Other favorites we watched: "Sleepless in Seattle", "You've Got Mail", "The Family Stone", "Far and Away", "Notting Hill", "My Best Friends Wedding", "Two Weeks Notice", "Sweet Home Alabama","Father of the Bride" and "Father of the Bride II".

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw that movie for the first time at Celia's house! It is SO FUNNY (and so sad of course). I loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i luv watching that easter bunny riding through town on the back of that motorcycle at the end-gets me everytime.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and mom, you did get this one for me- i just don't have little women (at least it isn't in my room, or the horse whisperer)

    ReplyDelete