Wednesday, October 14, 2009

lightened load

Well as it turns out I think the extreme pressure i was feeling this week was my stressing about dad. We found out back in august that he has kidney cancer though they caught it VERY early thanks to some kidney stones (yea, not a good summer for him) and he had surgery today (don't feel bad if you didnt' know-i didn't talk about it with anyone really and normally do that until there's something positive to report). Everything went great though-like clock work and he'll go home friday-ish so now that that's done, i only have two tests and a paper to get done and it's amazing how much lightened the pressure is-like the work is nothing.

To TOTALLY change the subject can I just say HOW much i hate and HOW dissapointing it is when you go to the vending machines wanting something very specific like say...oh i don't know- peanut m&ms and the numbers are slightly off and you accidentally select a snickers. now don't get me wrong- a snickers is totally acceptable...i like them (tho not as much as i like Russian snickers but anyway-yes I'm a candy connoisseur) but i wanted peanut m&ms for many different reasons such as: they're more subtle to eat during class-pop 'em in ur good, they're healthier-not that i really care about that but it makes me feel good about my choice, and oh, i don't' know....that's what i wanted!
So yea...i sat there and sadly ate my snickers and was totally NOT satisfied/fulfilled. sad day...

1 comment:

  1. It's nice to have the hard stuff behind us. Now maybe we can all start breathing again and carry on. I was totally freaking out when just before the surgery your dad was saying I was thinking I should have written down some things so you would know what to do just in case something were to happen. Not what I wanted to hear let me tell you! I told him I'd be totally lost so nothing better happen, thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete