Thursday, October 1, 2009

yes...it's actually 6:35 in the morning and I'm up and have make-up actually on my face. No, you have not entered the twilight zone but I wish I was cause maybe it would be warmer-i don't wanna go outside!
So the point of all this being that once or twice a week i'm gonna do odd jobs around my mish pres' house to make a few extra bucks and today is one of those days.
But speaking of twilight zoney- yesterday i was walking home from campus and they started playing the star-bangled banner and normally you're supposed to stop where you're going on campus and put your hand over your heart and listen. Well I do this and most people around me do this but then all the sudden it cuts out...then a few seconds later as people started walking again it started again and again we stopped. It happened like this 4-5 times like a crazy game of red light, green light. Eventually people figured they had shown enough respect and kept going, but it was just so funny cause people were looking around like...what do we do? i wanna be patriatic but i've got class...someone said that it was the band practicing for tomorrow's game but i'm not sure...no matter what band-they don't all immediately stop when suddenly cut-off, there's always that trumpet player that keeps playing a lil etc.
anywho, it made me smile.
off into the tundra!

2 comments:

  1. Whitney between having 3 brothers and the lawn guys who keep things cut, trimmed, and weeded ...you've led a charmed life! I had to smile when you told me about the different jobs your mission president had you do today. I could just picture you hanging on for dear life as the power mower dragged you around the lawn! Hopefully you were able to show it who was boss. You'll be sore tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete