Monday, July 13, 2009

lovable nuts

Today was good. Not that something amazing happened but looking back on it for some reason it makes me smile. I spent some time with my fav girls. Learned that the shrew is the most extreme predator (this is over sharks, crocodiles, polar bears....ya.....i know....). After work me and the parental unit hit up carrabas thanks to a gift certificate we got from some friends-who we actually spent game night with last night which was way fun. I like the fact that since our numbers are dwindling and soon will be completely dwindled- mom and dad go outside the family to have a good time now-strengthen friendships etc. It's healthy, I like it, it's good. One interesting topic of discussion last night: micro-expressions. yea, apparently people have micro expressions when they are lying or trying to hide the fact that they are thinking something different than they're trying to portray etc. quote of the night: "yea i caught that micro-expression dad" (after i gave a bogus answer for scategories and it was pretty macro actually).
anywho....shrug, i'm finding that my parents eccentricities are becoming more amusing, enjoyable, and cherished by me as i get older. Not that they're total nut-jobs, just the lil yea...eccentric parts of ourselves that separate us from others. It's just fun because I have a lot of theirs down and can call them out on them and we can laugh about it.
Just sometimes I can look at my dad and it's so fun to watch his facial expressions because sometimes-depending on what's going on around him-i can totally tell what he's thinking and it's not necessarily something someone else could guess but just cause i know him and some of his quirks i can guess.
for example-if there is anything going on that is germy near him-something small and he has to be in contact with it-i know his lil germaphobic self is hurting (which is why he NEVER uses public restrooms, touches handrails, etc.)Also, he's not a big lover of huge crowds which...well i share with him-i'm much more a intimate group type person. I know 99.9% of the time if I ask where are you goin i'll get the answer-crazy, ya wanna come?
Kids need to embrace their parents' lil quirks and allow for them because someday we'll get display all the quirks we've gained over a lifetime

No comments:

Post a Comment