Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Peeved

so i'm a lil irked at the moment. mainly it's two-fold:
1.) while my boss was in the bathroom his cell phone rang and normally- don't know if I should do this-but I always answer it, figuring that I can get a message to him faster than him checking the voice mail and human contact is better than getting the machine all the time. So anywho, I answered: "blankety blank's office" and this person wasn't a customer-just a business associate. It took the guy about 4 minutes with me explaining that my boss wasn't near his phone which is why i answered for him to realize that he did in fact call so and so's cell phone (as if my intro wasn't clear enough). I mean, I can understand it would be weird to call someone have someone else answer when it's a cell but he knows he uses this for business and I answered SO AND SO'S office.
Then he asks me: "did you say blank (the company's name) or blankety blank's office?" I answered: "blankety blank's office" and he kind of goes "hmmm...i'm just trying to figure out why you wouldn't say "blank" (the company's name) by this point i'm quickly losing patience and don't want to get into details like: heck, i dunno, when i first started working i was explained to answer the phone that way-and frankly i don't care, if they're calling this number they know they're calling blank. ARGH! who the heck are you?! I'm not working for you, and it's none of your business. Sheesh, the next time he calls I should answer and say "thank you for calling BLANK, Blankety Blank's office only really annoyingly and then say "oh so and so? is that you?! did you like how i answered the phone this time? phew."
hmph....of course i was all professional and saying "sir" when i wanted to be saying...idiot, but anywho. it didn't help when my boss called him back and I hear him telling him: oh she's working before she heads back to school etc. and then something like: i'll be sure to pass on your compliments- or something like that (obviously i know that whatever the guy was saying was prolly sarcastic and rude) and then my boss just was chuckling but not saying anything-prolly cause i was in the room. I won't lie i was fuming.
I could do so much in the office-i really could. I mean, everything that is given me to do I do it quickly but I don't want to seem like a nag asking: what do i do now, what do i do now, but at the same time i don't want them to think i'm just sitting there lazy and trying to avoid working-heck, i'm just trying to pass the time until he needs me again. I would love it if I was hammering stuff out with him all day long-i wouldn't feel like such a bum.
But, I figure-he's the boss, he knows what he needs and he's not shy-if he wanted me to be doing something particular or needed my help he would tell me right? I mean, I hope so. Hopefully they're happy with my work and not thinking i'm worthless, and this is all in my head.
anywho....whew, that vent has been growing for awhile now.

The second thing, which already i'm cooling off about is I bought this AV plug thing so I could plug my ipod into my car and it was only 13 bucks so i thought-sweet!
I get home and go to plug it in and there was no lil plug hole in my console area like in the picture-what the heck?! How am I supposed to plug it in then?! maybe there is a special one that plugs in the...i dunno what you call it but ya know, it looks like the cigarette lighter thing only it's not-you can put a special cell phone charger in there etc. Hopefully they have adapters that can plug into that thing cause there is no lil headphones-type hole to be seen anywhere...o well, i'll just return it whenever i happen to be at walmart again.

In brighter news I bought "Ponette" figuring it would only get more expensive and the seller bumped it up to expedited shipping for free-score.

now to relax and watch practical magic...

No comments:

Post a Comment