Thursday, July 9, 2009

mixed feelings

Once again the ending of my day compensated for the rest of it. Actually it was a really good day-played with the girls all day long, tho ended on a slightly sour note but i'm sure everything will be back to normal tomorrow. Learned some disturbing news about a friend-one of those situations where you have NO idea what to say and nothing you could say would really fix or do much, and last night i finally found on byu.edu where to find out about scholarships. Get this, I got a scholarship for Spring....um...thanks, wasn't enrolled but didn't get one for the fall. Nothing has changed since I've left-same grades, same everything. So yea, i'm just frustrated because I didn't think that going on a mission would lose me my scholarship-i thought deferring secured that. I've written them about it but in the end, they just give it to all those who qualify in order that the applications were received until the funds run out. I guess more applied/or not as much money to give away? I dunno, it made me mad, I won't lie. I was kind of counting on that. I mean, luckily I received that scholarship from members in my stake and maybe that's why i received it=to compensate for this, but if I had gotten the half tuition scholarship i could have made the other stretch so much further. It just increases the stress over finances just a bit more-i'll still be ok, but I really need to get a job.

So anyway, what compensated for today- I got a wedding invitation from my trainer-she's russian but now living in america or will be after july 25th. I'm way happy for her. Then I got this movie I had bought online: "Ponette" a french movie that is soooo good. It was the first international movie I saw at BYU that they show free in the swkt-way cool. There's a few other things i want but I think i'll hold off now that that scholarship fell through. Also, I got a way cute shirt from the university of kentucky from heath and ben-who are moving out there this summer.

yea for compensation-i'm a fan.

1 comment:

  1. Good, i'm glad you're feeling better. About that phone call -- WHAT was the deal with that guy? Reading it I was just thinking, "Wait, I don't get it. Why is he mad? He has no reason to be freaking out at all.." So weird. And lame for the guy not to stick up for you. At least you're leaving soon!

    ReplyDelete