Monday, March 9, 2009

army of razor sharp fo-hawked deacons

It was quite the weekend.
I can't remember the last time I had so much fun.
It was like coming home, seeing all of those familiar faces-like a little window into what it must be like on the other side when we see everybody 8)
It was eventful too.
We went to a real ranch and wore cowboy hats and I heart CB shirts and fed horses and cows-thanks to Jared with his trusty pocket knife. We froze a little. We ate ribs and I found a man that also had gone through the defensive language institute like my brother only for russian during the cold war-way cool, tho of course he couldn't tell me anything.
I did actually get sick, the only light at the end of the tunnel being my voice became quite manly and I could hit notes that I never could before. We decorated. We took tons of pics. We watched as one of our best friends got sealed to her eternal companion and I'll never forget that feeling. We took many jumping pictures. We had a special meeting in the shade and a new member was established and it was documented. We played many a game of werewolves and yes-if you get twitchy I will accuse you and see that you make it to the gallows so don't mess with me.
We played balderdash-the original when the cool new version was in the shelf the whole time!!!! argh!
We watched.....HOT MERGING ACTION!
MITCHEL!
we saw carrie and brett's cute lil baby that is ALLLL cheeks! We had fun in the line as we tried balancing our bouquets-Kyle put us all to shame and lasted like a million seconds-i swear he's half carnie.
We danced. We clapped and helped pack away presents. We went to church and we had an epic battle. We all went back the way we came looking forward to the next meeting.

Tho, can I just say that the whole way home which took me all day with all my stops and lay overs I was just wishing to have a battle to distract me and make the time go faster.
Though I did have lots of great thoughts to sort through and great music to listen to which = very enjoyable.
On the way down in Houston my ears freaked out and are still clogged-i hate them so much!!!! I knew it was asking too much to do all that pressure changing with my sinuses without an incident....o well....it has to pop eventually right? hearing is over rated and totally not useful for a secretary.

and in closing, congratulations to Amanda and Jack! you guys are great and the weekend was unforgetable-thanks so much! Good luck!

Also, a moment of silence for Bill Buchanon who gave his life tonight on 24 to cause an explosive distraction to save the madam president and leaving Jack Bauer actually showing emotion-you can prolly count on hand the moments like this. rest in peace Bill-you were great. sniff sniff.

Can I just say how much I love "Must have done something right" by relient K???? it is impossible to not feel good after this song.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Whit!! I found your blog!! Mine is lindsaykae.blogspot.com

    Are you here in Utah? If so, we should get together. Hope you are doing well!

    ReplyDelete