Sunday, March 15, 2009

ready for some sleep

It was an unusual weekend. I say unusual because I wasn't home for nearly all of it.
I went to this women's conference in Houston; it actually wasn't too bad....kind of an EFY for women. They had speakers like Sheri Dew, and Mary Ellis Edmund etc and performers like: one of the guys from Jericho road ( I know, I was quite excited :p ) and Kenneth Cope and Jenny Frogley. Though I have to admit Jenny was really good-she made a medley for us where she showed off her different ranges of songs. She's a studio artist and will get called in to sing anything from country to opera to alternative etc...it was really cool how versatile her voice was. She sang some rock, country, opera, and even that indian sounding singing they have in those epic battle scenes where everything is in slow motion and the reverb etc-she was really good.

The last speaker on Saturday spoke about America and why we should still be proud and going over historical evidences of how God, many times, interfered in our behalf to preserve this country and tho we may not have as many righteous people as we once did- they're still here and it's still worth protecting etc. I can't remember why but he was talking about percentages of people from different countries that attended church. 47% in America....2% in Russia....though 2% of Russian people isn't exactly a tiny number, but I can't imagine how they accurately got that count....or whether they only count the orthodox church because other churches in their minds are sects..... He said he talked with a fellow airforce friend and his friend asked him if he thought we'd ever get mormon missionaries in Russia, this being during the cold war, and he said: yes, i think we will, but....not in my life time. As he was talking about the miracle of that country opening etc it was one of the few times when it really dawned on me what it meant-me serving there. I know that it's a miracle we're there so shortly after everything, but this was one of the few times that I fully comprehended it-just a for a few minutes but I instantly felt this huge sense of gratitude and just awe that I was able to be a part of that-seeing all of the huge wheels turning just to get me in there...amazing.

I called Dad on the way out and got the last thirty seconds of the BYU game relayed over the cell-very sad and I'm frustrated that Utah won-it would have been so good if we had played them in the finals, but o well-still in the NCAA playing the aggies...

Well, Steve had all his friends over and I showed them the francisville experiment. They joked throughout it-trying to keep it light, tho I know there were a few tense moments for them and I'm not sure if they found it as funny as I did, tho they did like the "i love the ghosts" guy...who doesn't? Anyway, I hope it didn't make anyone uncomfortable-you never know with those kinds of movies, shrug.
I watched the sound of music tonight-i couldn't tell you the last time I watched it. It's really good...i mean, funny, good music, pretty landscapes, and nazis.....what more could you want?

"waiting sweetheart, just waiting..." name that quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJYqMhIYw58 (word of caution-don't be drinking anything when you watch this.)

No comments:

Post a Comment