Saturday, March 28, 2009

Cinderella Man

Tonight was a good night. Our neighbors came over-husband is from russia. We chatted, ate dinner and i could quickly tell that he would look disbelieving at me if I said anything positive about his homeland. Definitey has some bitter feelings for that land-which, i don't blame him, he got out of there when it was still communistic, but we def. had different experiences there. I grew to love that place and the people and had some of the best, hardest, saddest, funniest times there and nothing is going to change that-not current political conflicts, or their troubled past...I will always have hope for Russia. Say what you want about the crooked leaders and systems, but you don't know the people. I do, and they are strong, brave, and loving people that have been so hurt in the past...so much so that they've had to put up walls, masks, but if you can manage to crack your way in, you have friends for life that would give you everything even when they have nothing to give. I love them and I know that when I hear about the first Russian stake, and the first Russian temple-and I WILL hear about it, I will probably cry like a baby because these people have been held back from the truth for so long.

Just thinking about how I view these people, and my experiences there...sometimes it feels like another life entirely. I wonder if it's all real, if it ever really happened, and the next second it's so vivid and clear like I'm still in it and I'll wake up any moment *6:30* and roll off of my bed onto the floor for morning prayer.
man, it really smarted tonight...normally i'm busy and it's fine, but every now and then it comes back and strong-the desire to go back, get back there somehow but still have the same missionaries there and just jump back into that refiner's fire.
I don't think I'll ever be able to look back on my time there without having to hold back from getting emotional for the rest of my life...it just means too much to be stoic.

oh yea, haha, and I watched cinderella man-as always, great movie. I LOVE the relationship between him and his wife.

check out curl up and die with you on my playlist by relient k-just randomly found it and have fallen in love with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment