Thursday, March 12, 2009

when it goes all blurry

i'm sitting at the office on my lunch break and it is pouring out there. If you know me at all, you know that i'm very happy about this. I just love big rain storms-especially in Sugar Land. I remember when we first moved here I remember being so shocked at how green everything was-it almost didn't seem natural...like yellow dead grass was the only realistic option. And when it rains like crazy, it just heightens all of the greens-makes them richer. And all the puddles-it reminds me of these paintings i saw once...darn it, that's embarassing-some humanities major i am, i can't remember who, but it's a french artist and he has a way of really capturing the feeling of rain/ or fog etc....don't worry i'll find it.
Of course we don't get quite the cool storms that we got in Oklahoma, but they still get some pretty good ones down here. Probably because the sky seems so big here-nothing to abstruct your view from horizon to horizon so when the whole sky is filled with these huge thunderheads it's pretty impressive.
I went over to a family in the ward last night to start to get to know their dog so I can stay at their palce while they're gone and the dog won't freak out. Definitely a little skiddish but I can already tell we'll be best friends because I have no problem bribing dogs with doggie treats and scratching behind their ears.
I wonder how Amanda is adjusting to married life and want her to blog-what about priorities, come on! obviously joking....
wow....I'm actually without thought....guess I'll take the hint.

No comments:

Post a Comment