Monday, March 16, 2009

slow motion

I've never thought of myself as into the types of sports like....hunting, fishing, etc. Sure I have enjoyed camping but just never seeing me going all out in those types of sports-i mean, they're like....special sports, I wouldn't put them in the same sport category of football or basketball exactly...
what brought this up was that today I took my boss' daughter to Mcdonalds and then we got back and the door was locked so we decided to go fishing. They have lots of man made lakes that supposedly have fish in them though I've never seen supporting evidence of this. But anyway, we thought it'd be fun so we grabbed a couple of poles and walked down the road to the lake where there's a bridge and just stood out in the middle of it and fished. I'm not sure if you can call it fishing when you never catch anything, but it beats calling it....standing while throwing a string in the water....a lil' catchier.
As I was standing there and after the first two embarassing attempts-that luckily only the ducks were witnesses to, I got a nice long cast and it was kinda....cool, watching it soar through the air and plunk in the water. I realize that it's completley ironic that I like it seeing as I don't particulary love fish and would throw back anything I caught no matter how big/good etc but I guess that's good right? a win win situation-i get the satisfaction and contemplative time and the fish lives....that is if I didn't completely panic and mess around too much causing it to suffocate before I could throw it back. I totally had the realization when I casted it that...I have no idea what to do if I were to actually catch something-prolly something I need to think through before doing it, but what are the odds right?
I would actually kinda like sitting out on a boat and just fishing....ya know, if it were a nice day and I had good company-tho I def wouldn't mind being alone too cause it's really peaceful.

songs I recommend at the moment: David Hopkins (me and heath saw him in provo before i left and before he got big 8)
*Suzanne is Perfect
* If it starts getting dark
* three times zero
* Spelling Song
enjoy.

1 comment:

  1. I love fishing!! I used to go with my Grandpa a lot. It's so peaceful being out in nature like that!

    Also, don't worry -- if you caught a fish you wouldn't kill it by reeling it in. My grandpa says that the hooks dissolve in their mouths because of the acid in their mouths, so they always end up fine. I'm the same way -- I always throw the fish back in. :)

    ReplyDelete