Thursday, April 9, 2009

Everything is Illuminated

wow...I just got done watching this movie in lil ten minute bites off the internet and I would have to say...I would own it. I can already tell it's one of those movies that I need to watch many times to get all that's there. It had comedic moments-especially if you know what it's like to be an american over in Ukraine and or Russia, the music was GREAT-I HAVE to get that soundtrack, it's amazing all the memories that can flood back through music-i just couldn't help but smile as I heard some of those russian/ukranian bands rocking out with their accordians and hip hop beats. It took me right back to my many marshootka rides, it's about as russian as you get. The only thing is i'm trying to figure out exactly how alex's gpa fits into all of this exactly...so...he was just a random jew in that town too who got "killed" but not really and forsook the title of jew because of...I dont' know...bitterness? fear? wanting to distance himself from all that happened and avoid future similar situations?
not sure...but other than that I loved it!

1 comment:

  1. one time when I was learning Portuguese, Alan and I rented pinky and the brain and watched it in Portuguese. This was for a cultural project. The funniest part was it was about taking over the Russian gov. In order to then take over the world.

    ReplyDelete