Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Holy Icicles Batman!

I am Fr-fr-fr-eezing!
GEEZE!
the thermostat reads 60 in the office and no matter what I set it to, the heater comes on and stays on for about a minute and then shuts off and the thermostat continues to glare at me with a big fat 60 as my teeth chatter.
I tried opening the blinds in hopes that the sunlight would do something-i think our sun is getting colder. I remember I read in the magician's nephew something about that. They went to some other world and in that world there was an old sun that seemed cold like it didn't give off heat. Sheesh, so i guess that means the end of our world is coming soon-stupid sun, don't you know you're supposed to give off HEAT? I dare you to give me a sunburn-I double dog dare you!

It's like in Russia in the winter. It almost seemed cruel and mocking when you were freezing and yet you felt the sunlight on you, not that you felt any warmth from it, just knew it was there from the glare in your eyes. I mean, what's the point of having the sun if it wont' give you heat-and don't' say light and or photosynthesis etc...highly overrated....*chatter*
So on the way to work a lil chime went off in my car. For some reason when these lil chimes/beeps go off in my car my brain instantly thinks: fiery explosion, as if the makers of the car thought: yes, now we need to put in a chime to warn the driver that the car will explode in five seconds, so at least they know how they're going to be obliterated before it happens. Well, as I'm panicking I look down and it says low tire pressure. now ever single little bump under my tires feels like a butcher's knife and I'm waiting for my car to spin out of control...I'm not actually sure how I would start spinning, but they always seem to spin in the movies...why not.
It's fun learning all the gadgets in my car as they happen, let's just hope I wont' learn about the transmission, engine, or brake chime while driving.

In other news, I watched rugby for the first time randomly with dad. We were trying to piece together the rules as we watched but oh my gosh!!! The definition of bravery-watching those guys man-handle each other withOUT ANY padding, helmets, or cups. It was pretty cool though, I'm not exactly sure what it takes for the ref to blow his whistle to stop a play....a lot, cause really they just tackle and do the mad dog pile, the ball pops up somebody else grabs it, runs, and they get tackled and a repeat of what i just described until they reach the goal line...pretty cool. As I understand it, BYU has a pretty good rugby team (thanks to all our poly friends 8)
I just kept thinking of the friends episode when Ross plays rugby with Emily's British friends and she tells him how to make all the guys cry-weak knees, ankles, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment