Monday, April 20, 2009

kicks and giggles

Yesterday was a good day. After sacrament I went with brother Sudholt to speak in the memorial ward that he was speaking at as high counselor. We talked about the atonement which is hard until you decide which aspect of it you want to focus on-I chose hope, having hope in and from the atonement. (Moroni 7:41 is such a cool verse) and related a story about a girl "Ksooshuh" that we taught in rostov who ran away before our next meeting and selling herself on the streets etc-apparently not the first time. As i sat there with her mom and her mom looked me in the eye and told me that she had no more hope for her daughter, that she was done, her daughter would never change, I felt very strongly that she was wrong-it was the strangest thing, and yet I felt so confident about it and still do. She took the book of mormon with her and after our first meeting apparently she talked with her mom and was so intrigued by us and how we were "good" girls and happy etc. I dunno, I just know that at some point she'll open that book or find the church again or both and I can have hope in that because of the atonement; it doesn't matter how far we've strayed, we can always turn back, it just may take a while.

last night the shaerer's (sp?)came over for game night and we played Balderdash- oh man it was ridiculous! Every time without fail I am moved to tears a couple of times it's just so hilarious (i'm talking about the new one with movie synopsis, definitions, acronyms, laws, and...famous people-they give a name and you come up with why they're famous. Honestly it's prolly one of the funniest games i've played-of course it's all about who you play with and i don't mean to brag-who am I kidding, of course I do! my family is pretty much hilarious when it comes to this game. I just can't wait when we'll all get together again with Eric (who is the king of movie synopsi (is that plural?) and Mike and Jess, oh man....the highlight of the night: I.C.C.S. (Inbred Cross-eyed Coon Shooters). or steve's movie about ray charles waiting for new surgical eye procedures to be testable on humans-man that one killed me, mainly cause that's all it said, just that he was waiting for something-sounds like a thriller.

ok, I want opinions. who is better Jack Bauer or Chuck Norris? (obviously you know what I think but I'm curious to see how far the insanity has spread)

3 comments:

  1. Chuck Norris for several reasons. 1. I don't know Jack Bauer and have never watched 24. 2. Chuck Norris lives in Texas. 3. Chuck Norris is a real person. 4. Chuck Norris has really good values. 5. Chuck Norris jokes. 6.Chuck Norris' baby was delivered by the Devores' dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what do you mean chuck norris is a real person? he's a tv character and so is Jack

    ReplyDelete
  3. obviously i'm referring to his role as walker texas ranger

    ReplyDelete